Wednesday 9 October 2013

Sweet Sleep

We fell asleep in each other's arms last night. I went back to his placed and we talked for longer than I know, then lay down and held each other, wondering what a mess we got ourselves in to. He invited me over, and we sat and talked to each other, long into the night.

I wanted to smash the glass between us and kiss you with all my heart, but instead we held each other in silence and wondered if we would make it out of this mess alive.

We whisper and wish it was as before.

There's a wall in between us and I feel like I'm peering at him through glass that was never there before. I'm scared I'm the villain in this. I know the situation. How? Why couldn't the dice roll in my favor for once?

Let it play out and keep your head up.

The stars came out for me last night, winking through the clouds and rain.

Did I mention I think JS is now interested in me, I think. He comes to the hostel every night.

He had to go today, I had to hide. Hold me a little longer, like you used to. I want to hear your heart in my ear and listen to you whisper and tell me your dreams. I want to smell that sweet smell you have that fills me with smiles.

"You took my heart, and you held it in your mouth..."

No comments:

Post a Comment