Monday 18 November 2013

The Good Day, The Good Night, The Good Morning

In a two day fun stint, I lay in his arms again.

The first time was in the bed with others. Cradled in a safe place, in my place. I remember words he's said before. Your the only one I can sleep, holding, all night. We sword fought the next day with Mumford and Sons singing in my ears and I am happy. Despite the pouring rain, we make it outside and to the First place.

Lots of food, curly fries, and the first drink are taken up and we cheer to good times. To the Usual Place next and the place we stay for most of the day playing pool. As always, we end up on the same team and cream nearly everyone, though it's mostly his skill. We're called the dream team and I'm drunk on friendship and happiness. The stress melts. The to a live band. Then to a club.

We two spend the day together and I keep becoming tangled in Memory.

We stagger back to his place, I'll lay on the couch, you lay in your bed. We hold hands and take the back way, up stairs. I want to show you the stars one day. 

I want you to show me them one day. 

We make it back and its tea and hot water on the couch to watch Forest Gump. The feather falls and we fall asleep almost immediately. Move to somewhere more comfortable, the bed. Its purple again. I settle in the sheets and there we fall asleep, in the safe place.

I lay in bed, his bed. We weren't supposed to go there. I wasn't supposed to go back. But I knew it. was going to happen. We both wanted sleep so bad

Then morning came and it was time to go. Wrapped in his arms, he in mine, I rise to check my phone. His hand runs down the length of my back. Soon it will be time to go. Why does this happen on days I work? I turn back, I have to go soon, I say, looking down at him. I want to kiss him so bad. Does he feel the same, with his hand on the base of my back? I settle back beside him and run my hands along his neck and ears.

We were Sober.

I notice that he keeps the Inukhuk and card I gave him on the table beside his chair, and the Walrus on his Tv in his bedroom.

Its a good day, a mixed day for him. We want each other and we can't have each other. He has made previous commitments. What happens when those don't work out?

He's with her this week at a party we were all going to attend. I can wait. I'm struck by it but

I savoir the little pieces of happiness. And I am going to meet his mother.








No comments:

Post a Comment