Thursday 30 January 2014

Dear Friend

When I sleep last night, in the empty bed, as I do, I did cry a bit, but was comforted by the small rock. Its smooth with the little gold markings.

I was grateful for what you did yesterday. I can't say I am completely happy, but its something I cannot protest.

I take instead, the magic of Saturday in my heart like a gem, close to my chest. Each day is a treasure and I put it away in my special box. Not my safe place for that is with you when a mauve blanket covers us and you share a movie with me and hold me when I cry easily at the suffering of a person.

I am your friend and I remind myself of this place. It is special. More than anything. Like an unknown seed, it is a thing that can grow and blossom into a flower or even a tree.

Today the sun is out and I wish I could push you into it and watch you smile at the fresh beauty of the world. The land awash in snow and purple, bright in its beauty and I know your looking at it now and smiling.

Hope is the sunshine in me, dipping and ducking through cloud, rain, and storm, ever making my world bright, no matter the weather, keeping me forwards.

I do miss you, and your warmth. You being furnace I wish to nestle against and hold, and make sure your heart is okay.

Make sure you're okay.

My friend, my great friend, today, with the sky so bright and blue, I couldn't help but think of nothing but you. And no matter if your mind was not on me today, I still send the sun and warm your way, hope you are well and wish to see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment