Friday 13 June 2014

Four Other Mes: The Second Me

Recap, the four characters I've created represent an aspect of my personality and I use each of them in different scenarios of my life to explore ideas, fears and help face things I'm unsure of. I've made the first when I was 14 years old and carried them in my life in one format or another since then, which include University and various personal crisis. I'm writing about them in the order they were created.

Then there's the second ever created. The exact counter to Jack. Cody.

Cody is short, 5'6.5 with ice blue eyes and raven black hair which was once put into a shaved mowhawk, but now put into a faux hawk. He has a more pointed face, oval with a nose which has a slight nick in it from being broken a few times. His skin freckled more when he was younger but faded and smoothed into an even pallor and tans poorly. At one time he sported more than 27 body piercings but now only has 7- 13 of them including one nasal, three in each ear lobe, a viper bite, and the lower lip in the center. Additionally he has seven tattoos, of hamlet's scull, native bear, the celtic tree of life baring his sisters' names underneath, Hades and various others.

Son of a wealthy, abet spineless architect and abusive alcoholic mother, Cody spent large portions of time away from home, hanging about on the streets with poorer street kids until his younger sister Jennifer was born. During this time he learned the guitar and to do tricks on a bike. After this his mother grew resentful of him as he defended his younger sister against the abuse. He developed the ability to teleport. Following this development he quit smoking and began learning martial arts, which he still continues to this day, as a means to refine his skill. At the same time he started traveling over seas, learning 7 different languages, including Mandarin, French, German, Spanish, Russian, Norwegian and Portuguese.

Despite these improvements in himself, he was still forced to remain with his family to protect his sister Jenny and their baby sister Rosie until at the age of twenty two, an accident in the house resulted in child services being called. Cody now has full custody of both siblings.

Cody is the fun side of myself. His enthusiasm for the world and trying new things is what he represents. He is out going despite his troubles and maintains a youthful exuberance against anything that tries to bring him down. Even war, blood and death roll of his back.

He also maintains my sense of loyalty. While he goes off on adventures, he never forgets his family and they are his first priority. His family and Jack. Aware of his friend's weaknesses, sheltered youth and the abuse they both faced, and is the first to defend him. He tries to encourage Jack to trust while taking head of his friend's advice. He thinks before he speaks and leaps before he looks, but he always does it with good intentions. He learns things I've always wanted to, he does things I'm limited to.

Often, when I'm going to a party, I find myself in Cody's company. He'll warm up easy to a crowd. He'll make friends and do cool things and they'll accept him for who he is and he wont listen to the pressures of a crowd, but be himself.

Cody is my friend. He is the outside energy I want to show more often. The confidence in life.



No comments:

Post a Comment