Friday 11 April 2014

Sleep

I'm shattered, emotionally, after a storm of words took hold in my heart and failed to surrender, but instead tried to burn it down from within. The flames in-sighting fear in my soul.

I pour over book, text and recording in an attempt to quell the cold fire that creeps.

Soon, one day soon I will not have to tremble, silent and alone. One day soon I will wake up and you'll draw me back into your arms, kiss my head and murmur sweet words before we fall back into a warm sleep.

I'm exhausted. The walls of my strong hold are down. How do I do this?

I'm trying to maintain, feed off the words and the moments and seconds, hours, even days--if I was lucky enough to gain them. The soft, gentle touch. I want to lounge against you, soft, warm and safe. Safe. Safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment