Monday 7 April 2014

Saved

I dreamed of Him again.

I dreamed I was running from my grandmother, who had sent her dogs to hunt me through the bitter cold snow. The snow was deep, to my knees, and I was dressed in boots and skinny jeans and a large hoodie. I ran from the dogs. Send the dogs. Her words echoed in my ear.

I run in the bright snow. I need to go somewhere safe. I see the minsters house. I know they're not there. I know that He's there, inside. I ring the door bell, and collapse into the snow, trying to hide from the dogs and to tired to stand.

He answers, wearing his glasses, jeans and a t-shirt, but I remember the glasses well, and brings me in the warm house. Sits me down and gives me tea and smiles, continuing with his painting.

No one could get me in this white house. I was safe. He saved me.

No comments:

Post a Comment