Sunday 2 December 2012

Redirect - Jack

I'm turning this into my blog, at the behest of a friend. Its been generously given to me by good friend.
I've tried this once before but it was shut down and I didn't feel like continuing. It will be operated on by my other three companions so feel free to read if you like.

My name is Jack Brandy. I was born in Ottawa to Evangelical parents. I ended up agnostic. My Faith was something I struggled with all through high school and even to this day I some times question it and how much I should believe. But I like to think, I cannot believe so devotedly as my mother and father. I know too much about the world, and I cannot be so trust worthy of a God.

I do have hobbies. I like metal music, and classic rock. I like a little Jazz to but not enough to be really informed by it. The reason I like these genres is because I love the drums. I started when I was thirteen and it helped me through my hardest times. When my anxieties got the better of me, I'd go to my friend's house and play. My parents hate it. They think its a sin. I did take piano lessons, and I was okay at it. I can still play most classical songs, but they don't have the hammering weight a drum set carries. It takes the whole body to make some music.

I go to school. I'm in University, doing my masters in Psychology. I'm hoping I'll get to operating my own practice one day so I can help people who suffer from anxieties. I have a good number of them, but most predominantly, acute anxiety disorder, often resulting in panic attacks.

I have lots of help. Not from my parents. My sister tries to help but she's busy with her life and is a little more devout than I. I have my best friend firstly. Cody Lucas Sulman. He's a good guy. There is also the brothers. Lola, my girlfriend, and a handful of people from my past, from darker times.

So with that, I start this blog anew.

Jack E. Brandy

No comments:

Post a Comment