Friday 28 February 2014

Society

Breathe. Relax your mind. 

But it’s the moment about an hour and a half before hand. When I'm lying in his arms, my body rife with panic, and terror, coming in the form of heavy tears and an aching breath. Somehow, you know what to do to settle my soul.

Laying on an old flowered couch, covered in a drop clothe, plaster and saw dust, you cradle my head, hold my temple. Relax your mind. Relax your mind. I could hear your breathing deep. It reminded me of something from a movie. Your breathing. The soft tone of your voice. I wasn't better. Not one hundred percent, but the slow, even rise and fall of your chest against me made it feel.

I think my need to stick this through, is as much to help you as it is me.


(The movie I'm referencing is Hit and Run, the intro scene to the couple)

No comments:

Post a Comment